1. Create one public page for login name it (Login) and give friendly url as (/home) or other then login because login is reserved key word of liferay, also do not create other page here(public).
2. Now create first private page called (welcome) and give friendly url as(/welcome) or other as per requirement.
3. Create other pages as per requirement on private pages.
4. Open control panel-->go to portal settings-->and give default landing page as ("/group/guest/welcome") the (/welcome) is what we defined on step no 2.
5. Also have to give membership to the user.
5.1 So for that go to control panel-->portal settings-->select tab(Default User Associations)
5.2 Write the site name(liferay.com) in Sites text field in new line because liferay consider per line user association.
And Save it
That's it you are done.
NOTE:- You can also set Default Logout Page using step no 4 and set Default Logout Page as (/home) .